Skip to content
- The Comparing Options for Management: PAtient-centered REsults for Uterine Fibroids (COMPARE-UF) registry: rationale and design Read the complete article in BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Journal: American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Authors: Stewart EA, Lytle BL, Thomas L, et al.
Year Published: 2018
Uterine fibroids are common in premenopausal
women, yet comparative effectiveness research on uterine fibroid treatments is rare.
The purpose of this study was to design and establish a uterine ...
- Epidemiology of uterine fibroids: a systematic review Read the complete article in BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Journal: BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Authors: EA Stewart, CL Cookson, RA Gandolfo, R Schulze-Rath
Year Published: 2017
Uterine fibroids (UFs) are the most common neoplasm affecting women that can cause significant morbidity and may adversely impact fertility.
To examine UF epidemiology and to ...
- Going Straight to the Source A new article at ask4UFE includes an interview with Dr. Evan Myers, who discusses the COMPARE-UF registry. Read the full story.
- Michigan joins national, $20M research project to improve fibroid treatment U-M among 10 centers funded by PCORI, AHRQ to compare treatments for uterine fibroids, build national patient registry: https://www.uofmhealth.org/news/archive/201610/PCORIfibroid
- COMPARE-UF at VA Inova Health Systems (video) Dr. George L. Maxwell and patient participants discuss the COMPARE-UF registry.
- Read the latest OWH blog by Dr. Elizabeth (Ebbie) Stewart July 5, 2016: Dr. Elizabeth (Ebbie) Stewart, principal investigator for COMPARE-UF at Mayo Clinic, discusses the COMPARE-UF registry and the importance of talking about fibroids in the latest Office on Women's Health blog. Read the blog
- Michigan Chronicle Announces COMPARE-UF May 11, 2016: The Michigan Chronicle publishes an announcement about the COMPARE-UF registry. See page 2 of the e-edition.
- The 411 on Fibroids – US News and World Report Read the May 20, 2016 article in U.S. News & World Report that include an interview with Dr. Shannon Laughlin-Tommaso, an OB-GYN at the Mayo Clinic who is involved with the COMPARE-UF registry.
- COMPAREing stories, conquering fibroids Read the May 16, 2016 press release from the University of Mississippi Medical Center and learn the story of Sherrina Dixon, the study coordinator for COMPARE-UF who has a personal experience with fibroids.
- Study Seeks Women’s Insights on What Works Best for Uterine Fibroids For Immediate Release: Monday May 9, 2016
DURHAM, N.C. – A new registry that launches this month gives women who have uterine fibroids the opportunity to help determine which strategies are most effective in treating the common condition.
- New UNC study seeks best fibroid treatment for ailing women Health reporter Dr. Allen Mask discusses fibroids and the COMPARE-UF
registry at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and
interviews Dr. Wanda Nicholson, principal investigator. Contact the UNC COMPARE-UF team at
firstname.lastname@example.org. See the full story and read
- Women’s Health Month at UNC-Chapel Hill Women’s Health Month Highlight: COMPARE-UF seeks to understand treatment options for uterine fibroids
A tribute to the work done by and for women as part of the Women in Science Wednesday initiative by UNC Research. Read the story on the UNC website.
- A Conversation About Uterine Fibroids Read the Henry Ford Medical Center post including an interview with Roopina Sangha, M.D., MPH, COMPARE-UF Investigator.
- WUNC: Black Issues Forum Watch the Black Issues Forum episode discussing the topic: Mysteries of Fibroids Explored.
Learn about the latest research in uterine fibroids and how COMPARE-UF will help answer the question about treatment options. Hosted by Deborah Holt Noel, guests in this episode include Paula Gwynn Grant discussing her experience with fibroids, Dr. Wanda Nicholson from UNC, Dr. Phyllis Leppert from Duke, and Dr. Darlene Taylor from NC Central University.
- COMPARE-UF at UNC-Chapel Hill Dr. Wanda Nicholson answers questions about fibroids and the COMPARE-UF registry. Read the Interview with Dr. Wanda Nicholson.
WordPress is a content management system and should not be used to upload any PHI as it is not an environment for which we exercise oversight, meaning you the author are responsible for the content you post. Please use this system accordingly.